Mobile Commerce is booming. Your customers know it. Are you ready for them?
The smartphone market has been growing in double digits when comparing the year-on-year statistics of Q1, Q2 and Q3 of 2010. The speed of acceptance of smartphone technology cannot be compared to any other trend in technology.
- By the end of 2010 smart phones will represent 60 % of mobile phone shipments in Europe and 48 % in North America1
- Smart phone users spend about 50 % of their time browsing and using applications2
- 7 out of Top 10 mobile devices sold in US in October 2010 were Smartphones3
- In Q3 2010, the worldwide smart phone market grew an impressive 95 % over the same quarter a year ago to 80.9 million shipped units. "This is the third consecutive double-digit increase in sales year-on-year, indicating that consumer demand is healthy,"said Carolina Milanesi, research vice president at Gartner.4
- In 2012, shipments of smart phones will exceed shipments of PCs5
- By 2015, it's estimated that shoppers from around the world will spend about $119 billion on goods and services bought using their mobile phones6
The change in technology your customers are using in their daily lives has triggered the change in your customers' shopping habits. Being online 24/7 is becoming a necessity for people of all ages. There is no better device combining the ability to be online with the freedom of movement than smartphones. Being online anyplace and anytime is more and more considered as "normal" and the more "normal" it is the more "normal" activities the end users want to do via their smartphones; shopping being one of them.